April 4, 2017

Safe

   "Well I at least have that going for me. You hiding understand the table might just be the icing on the cake."

Destiny offered a small smile again. It was really nice just being here and talking openly like this. Zan seemed like a really straight forward tell you how it is guy and she like that. To many people nowadays walked on egg shells, or beat around the bush and that always did bother her.

Hearing Zan's question about coffee Destiny looked up at him again and just searched his face for a long moment. Was that really a smart idea...to go somewhere with a total stranger? Destiny new it was foolish special in the state she was in but something deep down told her Zan was ok, and almost seemed to push her to go. She didn't really want to go home yet anyways an being alone with her own thoughts. That frightened her more then anything.

   "I don't have my car here. Someone from the Elite drove me, and then I walked from there to here and was going to walk home. So...anywhere we go pretty much I'll have to walk. I do like coffee though and...I don't think I'm quite ready to face my own home alone yet."

   "I know you might not be hungry but you at least have to take one or two bites, that's all. If you'd rather do the IV I can, but I was trying to stay away from having to stick you again."

Misty's heart broke for Chance. Why she didn't know. He really didn't deserve her sympathy but just seeing him here, like this it was so sad and she really did feel bad. 

   "I don't know Chance, I honestly don't. Maybe the Elite will find a way to keep you out of prison but for now your care it up to me so you are safe, in this room. I promise you that."

Just watching Hunter fumble over his words Ryan brought a hand to her mouth as her eyes got wider and wider. She couldn't help but just laugh not adding anything to his rambles. He was doing a fine job of acting silly.

Once he was gone Ryan made her way to the bathroom and brushed her teeth and changed into some comfy pants and a t-shirt. Wondering down the hall and to Hunter's room she entered her eyes still twinkling. Sitting down on the bed next to him, and tickling his wide open arm pit she shook her head.

   "You do realize I would have known what you meant...but you correcting yourself just made it sound work?! That's ok though...it gave me a good laugh."

Laying own and resting her head on the pillow on the other side she turned her head to look at him as she grinned.