April 22, 2017

Honest

   "I wasn't trying to pull anything over on you and the only way we could have this meeting was to bring someone else along. I didn't want them cramping our style, so I told them not to interfere unless I said otherwise."

Sam stood and grabbed her things and put some money on the table. She felt a little agitated not by Aaron's observation but that he assumed it was because she didn't trust him. Not that she could blame him really.

   "As for the bartender, my brother went to school with him so I had to give him a heads up. He looks out for me like a little sister. My suggestion though for you next time not assume or jump the gun that I don't trust you. I don't know if someone is out there still wanting to shoot your head off. So I'd rather have our bases covered in case something happens. Now you can believe me or not, but that's the honest truth."

Walking out she knew Aaron would follow. Passing the bartender she gave a wave calling over her shoulder as she left.

   "See ya next week Jimmy."

   "Mmmm...Coffee sounds amazing actually."

Ryan slid off the hood of the car in front of Hunter and put her arms around his neck looking up into his eyes.

   "...Only if I can have another kiss. I feel deprived."