April 22, 2017

Giving Up

Exiting the Elite and seeing Hal waiting Sam just stood by him quiet for a long moment. It wasn't anyone's fault and she didn't want Hal blaming himself. If she was to balm anyone it was herself.

   "It wasn't your fault. Deep down I think I knew he would know. Next time I guess it just will have to be me and him."

Letting out a sigh and leaning against the brick wall Sam played with the keys in her hand for a long moment. She hoped she really was doing the right thing.

   "I like to believe I knew how he'd act."

Pushing off the wall, for now, she just wanted to think of something else. This whole night she thought had gone well and then went south fast. She just wanted to put her mind on something else. Looking at Hal she smiled a little.

   "Have you heard anything from Katie and Jason on how they are? Not sure why but I was thinking about them a lot yesterday."

   "I think I kinda like helping out those that are below us in rank. I mean Zan, and I was just thinking about those newbies getting their wind kicked out of their sales by Thunder. He's gonna make it so they don't even want to race anymore, or he is going to kill someone."

Ryan had never thought about it before while racing but now stepping back and looking in maybe she had been on of the one who helped keep order there. There were no rules at the races but there was respect, and that could give you a lot of pull. Thunder ran on fear and she didn't like it.

   "I don't mind seeing other people win as long as its done fairly."

Taking another sip of her drink Ryan's mind wondered for a moment. If she started racing again what would that mean for herself and Hunter? She didn't want it to put a strain on them and she hoped it wouldn't but there was still wondering there anyways.

   "If I start racing again...what do you think that will do to us? If it puts a strain on us...I don't want to do it. I don't want to jeopardize what we have built."

Ryan searched Hunter's eyes for a long moment as she took another sip of her drink. She'd never thought of giving up racing for someone before, but there was something special about Hunter, and she cared more about him then racing.

   "I can be like...your biggest fan on the sidelines or something, or the queen of the races you gotta please me with winning...or something."