April 17, 2017

Gutter

Seeing Destiny wasn't upset with him, Zan couldn't help his relief. He'd wanted to know what kind of person  she was, but he really hadn't wanted to mess up anything good either. He was about to respond, but stopped as she kissed his cheek. His eyebrows rose, and a new smile emerged. "Well then... I guess I'm glad you inherited that trait."

Still smiling, he shook his head and finally got out of the car. He leaned back down through the open door, his eyes twinkling. "Goodnight, Destiny. I look forward to next time." Straightening up, he shut the door and knocked on the roof to signal she could go. He didn't turn until the tail lights had disappeared down the street, then finally went to his apartment. Getting inside, he was surprised it was dark, and he squinted into the living room. "Jett?"

"Hmm?" Jett lifted his head from the couch. He'd been reading a magazine and had fallen asleep. "Oh... sorry," he mumbled and picked himself up. "I'll go."

"You don't have to." Zan flipped on the light. "But why are you here?"

"Eh..." Jett yawned and scratched the back of his head. "Ronnie had Lydia over and I really didn't wanna be in the next room."

"That, or he didn't want you in the next room."

Jett just shrugged. "Hey, where's Destiny?"

"She went home." Zan threw his jacket over the chair and tossed his keys onto the table. "Why?"

"Mm..." Jett grinned. "Thought maybe you and Ronnie would have something in common tonight."

Walking behind the couch, Zan smacked Jett upside the head. "Get your brain out of the gutter."

"Ow!" Jett frowned at him. "Sorry."

"You know I don't bring girls home. Besides..." Zan grabbed the TV remote and flopped down at the other end of the couch. He paused in thought, and a little smile surfaced. "She's not that kind of a girl."

Jett looked over at him and quirked an eyebrow. "You seem happy. Must've had a good time."

"Yeah... Yeah, I did." Zan turned on the TV and looked for something to watch so he could get sleepy before attempting bed. 

Jett squinted. "That's it? I don't get any more than that?"

"Nope."

Though Jett tossed a throw pillow at him, he didn't push any more. He did sink a little further into the corner of the couch though, and not much later when Zan started talking to him, he pretended to be asleep. 


"Got it." Tal was quiet on the short drive to Scarlet's, but the atmosphere wasn't too awkward. Once they arrived and he'd stopped the car, he gave Brooke a smile. "Thanks again for patching me up. Maybe I'll see ya tomorrow."


With the others gone and Ryan in her bedroom, Eli claimed the couch with Scarlet, ignoring the movie on TV, just as anticipated. Lying half on her, he kissed her with passion, not caring how long they were here as he held her close. His kisses left her lips to travel across her cheek, down her neck, then back up again. His hand caressed her face as his fingers toyed with her hair. 

Finally drawing back as he caught his breath, he leaned his forehead against hers and smiled. "Sure glad we got rid of the others," he whispered with a chuckle. He returned his lips to hers again. 

"Mm... I forgot..." He paused again. "Talked to my buddy about his garage and... He'd be willing to rent it out to me." He picked up the kisses to her neck again. "So I'm still thinking about quitting my job and... starting my own thing." It really had been a dream for a long time, and he was just thinking more seriously about it lately. "If I did that..." He wrapped his leg around hers and held her more closely. "I could set my own hours... and take advantage of when you're home."