April 19, 2017

Running Late

Hearing the knock on the door Destiny smiled to herself as she set the breaded chicken on the plate. The food was just now going in and hoped Zan didn't mind it would be a little bit till dinner. She had gotten everything she needed from the store and came home to clean herself up and just...fell behind on time.

   "I'll be right there."

Wiping her hands off on the towel and stirring the pasta sauce and then heading to the door. Opening it and seeing Zan she smiled and leaned her head on the door for as second taking him in. He looked nice. 

   "Hey...come on in."

Opening the door more and going back to the kitchen she new he would follow. She didn't mean to be rude but didn't want anything to burn.

   "I see you brought my favorite. That's the best way to win points with me. Dr. Pepper, and sour patch kids."

Taking the plate of chicken Destiny carefully put it into the pan with some oil letting is sizzle before turning to look at Zan again.

   "I'm runing a little behind. Dinner wont be ready for about thirty minutes. If you want something to hold you over I can fix it."

Looking down at Eva Booke smiled and stopped packing the box to pet the dog and scratch behind her ears. Such a good dog, Brooke could tell her was an attachen hog.

Standing again and finishing off the box she was working on she thought for a long moment. She really hadn't thought about it much.  

   "Maybe some secretary work. I like to organize stuff, and paperwork never bothered me. But at this point, I would take anything but working at a fast food joint. I don't want to be a burden on Scarlet to much so the sooner I have a job the sooner I can find my own place and stuff."