April 22, 2017

Challenge

"You did too," Aaron argued. "You wanted to see if I'd cause trouble - otherwise you would have at least told me Hal was there. Knowing he was in the corner wouldn't have crimped our style and you know it." He shrugged. "I'm not saying I woulda done differently. Just admit you wanted to see if I'd try and take advantage."

He threw Sam another look. "Tell Hal we're gonna break off, and he'll still tail us." A new challenge was in his tone as his lips twitched. "Go ahead. Try it."


Hunter laughed and nodded. "Maybe ice is a good idea." He bit his lower lip as he looked down at her for a moment before finally retreating. "Come on. Let's get out of here before the party comes this way."

It didn't take long to get to the coffee shop, and Hunter slid into the booth across from Ryan. "So... one thing we didn't talk about earlier... Zan's​ not gonna accept help very easily. He's been at the races as long as I have and he's always been a loner."

He thought for a moment. "I... do know he's got his car out at Tony's junkyard though and... I may know he's gonna be at work tomorrow. We could just... happen... to start helping fix it. Maybe bring Axel in on it to speed things up."