April 23, 2017

Twice as Fast

Hunter laughed a little and looked down as he shook his head. "More important than racing? Mm..." His fingers continued to gently fiddle with hers. "That's a hard one to swallow." His eyes finally came back up to meet hers as he bit his lower lip. Was he really that important to her? Honestly, deep down, he didn't think he was. He was just waiting... one of these days, her fascinating was going to wear off. She was healthier every day, and once she started racing again, her independence would be back as well. It was just a matter of time. But... he could at least enjoy what he had while he could, right? Unfortunately, he wasn't sure he could tell his heart to put on the brakes. 

Sighing, he gave her a smile and retreated, sipping again on his coffee. "So back to Zan... I'll go see Tony tomorrow. See if you can get Axel to help too - it would just go twice as fast with more hands. What hours do you work tomorrow anyway?" 


Hal chuckled and shrugged. "I dunno. Hadn't thought that far ahead." He thought for a moment, going through the options in his head. "How about just grabbing some coffee? That way I won't keep you out too late."

Getting to the little coffee shop, after they'd ordered and found a little table in the corner, Hal sat back and took a slow sip of the warm drink. It would probably keep him up too late, but he didn't really care. "I, um... I'm sorry again... about how things went tonight. I can't help but think if I'd done a better job, he wouldn't have known I was there. I got recruited into the Elite and I was a P.I. but I'm not so sure I've ever been that great of an agent, ya know? I'm actually surprised I wasn't cut when Kirk moved in." He took another sip. "At any rate, I think you're doing a good job with Aaron though. Even if he knew I was there tonight, he still could have made trouble and he didn't. I'd say that's an accomplishment."