April 25, 2017

Blown Cover

"Uh-uh." Jason shook his head. "You have to be awake so you can kiss me back." He slid his arm across her and leaned back down to kiss her again, just letting it linger even longer this time as his emotions flowed freely. "Mm... maybe getting up was a bad idea," he mumbled.

"Jay!"

Jason jumped and propped himself up on his arms, half over Katie, as his eyes shot to the doorway.

Kaylee giggled and trotted inside, her pigtails bouncing. She flopped her arms on the bed and grinned at both of them. "Up! I's hung'y!"

Jason smirked. "So go get something to eat, ya doofus."

Kaylee returned his smirk. "Mama said..." She paused, hunting for the right words. "Wait fer you." She pointed at Katie. "An' you toos."

"Too," Jason corrected. He slid down so he was lying perpendicular to Katie, using her as a pillow now, with his arm around her waist. His face was inches from his sister's. "What if we're not hungry?"

Hearing one of their stomachs growl, if not both, Kaylee giggled again. "You lie."

Jason couldn't help his laugh. "Maybe. Does Mom know you're in here?"

She looked down and toyed with the blanket. "Uh-huh..."

Jason waited until she looked at him again, and he shook his head. "Now you lie." He sighed. "How you gonna get us up anyway?"

Kaylee pulled his arm out from under Katie so she could latch onto his hand, and started walking away. "C'm on," she grunted.

He had no trouble resisting her lightweight efforts, even with one arm, and he chuckled. "Okay, big shot. Let go, and go tell Mom we'll be there in a couple minutes."

Kaylee looked over her shoulder. "Why no now?"

"Because you interrupted us," Jason stated matter-of-factly.

Kaylee frowned. "Inner... tup..ed..." She brow furrowed even more. "Wha?"

Jason just laughed. "Go!" he ordered, and pointed to the door. "Before I come grab you."

Giving a shriek, she sped out of the room and down the hall.

Jason nuzzled his face down into Katie to hide his laughter, but his emotions betrayed him.
So much for making out. Our cover's been blown.


"Wow, really?" Hal looked to Sam in surprise. "That's... certainly an improvement."

He leaned back in his chair and smiled. "See? You are making progress." Thinking a moment, he pursed his lips. "Any hints as to what Reese or Kirk plan to do with him? I mean... send him out on his own, or try to get intel from him or anything?"


Hunter laughed and looked down at himself. "As if I smell any better. I think we make the perfect pair." He took the rag from his pocket and wiped some grease off her cheek as he grinned. "Just so long as I can still kiss you, we're good." He wanted to say more to reassure her about Axel, but he could tell she didn't want to talk about it, so he let it drop.

After a couple more hours, it was mutually decided to call it a day. Zan was going to stay a bit longer, but Eli would take Axel back to his own place so Ryan could drop off her car and go for a ride with Hunter. As they started to go their separate ways, Axel caught Ryan alone for just a moment outside the garage. 

"Hey..." He bit the inside of his lip. He knew she was upset, and he didn't want to make things worse, but he didn't want to just walk away either. He was a man of few words - it didn't take a genius to figure that out, but when he had something to say, he said it. "I'm sorry I sprung that on you earlier. I haven't even told Jess yet - that's what I'm gonna do tonight. I... hope you know, I'll still be around. I don't know what I'll be doing but... I won't be able to keep myself from at least visiting." He tried a small smile. "I value your friendship, and once that happens... you can't get rid of me."

Reaching out, he set a hand on her shoulder. For him, that was a rare occurrence. "I'll let you know when I give my notice to Darrel, okay?"