April 20, 2017

Pry

Setting her fork down and just listing to Zan again Destiny caught the lost look that was in his eyes again. She still wondered about that, about his past. There was a lot of hurt there not to wonder. 

   "I could see how one could get addicted to that. I bet it makes you feel free."

Hearing Zan's question and his observation her cheeks turned a little red for a second. It felt nice hearing him think she was the prettiest one at prom and at least now she new he thought she was pretty.

   "Since my family was in The Agency I always had to be very careful about what I did or who I talked too. Never trust anyone, never get close. I was a straight A student even though I didn't want to be. I got in trouble once...."

Destiny still remembered that day. Her parents hadn't been mad but they had gotten a visit from someone her father worked with and it was not good at all. Her father had taken a beating for her. Her parents never knew she knew, but she did and after that, she never stepped out of line again.

   "...after that, I never did again. I did get picked on a lot because I went to school, and then went home. People did try and talk to me, and I remember Johnny West he wanted to take me to prom but..I couldn't go. A week later after his sixth time asked me he ended up transpiring schools."

Letting out a long sigh Destiny ran her fork through her salad again for a moment. She'd never told anyone this stuff before. Now that she was it sounded so insane and she really realized how messed up her life was. If she had to guess the agency got to Johnny and made him transport so he wouldn't bother her anymore. 

Glancing up at Zan again she smiled a little before taking a bite of her salad. Chewing her she studied him for a long moment. 

   "So when we first met you told me you found your way here because you were running. What were you running from? Where you running from the girl who is in your locket?"

After the words came out of her mouth she cringed a little. She could be so nosy sometimes she just hoped Zan wasn't angry.

   "I'm sorry when I find the locket in my car I opened it because I have one that almost looks like it. When I saw her picture I knew it wasn't mine. I wasn't trying to pry."

Brooke laughed again finishing off her crust and setting aside her plate aside. Tal did have a good sense of humor and she liked it. It was the kind that said he wasn't trying to be funny he just was. It was more real than trying to force it.

   "That doesn't sound like a bad plan to me honestly."

Giving a little stretch and then looking at Tal again she smiled. She was happy she had met him yesterday at the little get-together. It was nice to just talk to someone.

   "So where are you moving too? Some place bigger?"