April 9, 2017

Can't Be Either

   "You keep telling me the night was boring...trust me it was anything but that."

Giving a smile and riding in the truck Destiny really did have a nice night despite everything. She just felt bad it seemed no Zan was not in a good mood. She wish he hadn't wrecked his car so bad. That had to be a bummer. 

   "I think you should still celebrate...sure you didn't win but...you walked away alive right?"

Destiny kept looking out the window at all the people. This life here was so different then anything she had ever seen. Almost like something from a movie. She didn't mind different at the moment.

   "I...I don't want to go home yet. How about Jett and I stick around till your car is towed, you get your head looked at and then...mmm....maybe we can grab some food, the three of us or if you have any other friends that want to come, they can too. All the excitement made me hungry and if I am not allowed to be miserable you guys can't be either."

Letting out a long sigh Katie sat up. She could understand where Jason's feelings were coming from. They were hiding from the FBI so they wouldn't be a walking science experiment, and yet...here they were being a walking science experiment. She knew that's not that Rick wanted or meant but its still how she felt about this whole thing. 

I know this needs to be done, this is about the last thing we can try, but I'm really scared. 

Finishing getting her socks and shoes on Katie stood. Just that activity took so much out of her. Would this work? Would they be ok? Would this be a step in the right direction from them.

   "No matter what happens J...I love you, with all my heart."