April 19, 2017

Drinks

"Well, I appreciate it." Tal meant it, too. Brooke hardly knew him, after all, but it really was sweet of her to come help. He didn't have any real friends to call on for something like this, other than Eli, but he had to work. "It's kinda nice to have the company," he admitted. "I haven't... really done much socializing since I broke up with my girlfriend." Actually, it had been close to nothing, other than his frequent visits to the bar where he'd get buzzed just enough to feel better. Now, why he'd just mentioned his breakup to Brooke, he didn't know, and his cheeks flushed slightly. "Eli's good company, but after a while..." 

He grinned and went back to picking up the magazines. "What about you? Are you working or...?"


Twice, Zan went to reply to Destiny but was interrupted by her messages. It made him chuckle, and he finally waited long enough before texting back.
How about 6? You're gonna want
me to take a shower - trust me.

He still had a lot of work he needed to get done on his car yet before heading home.
Only thing I'm allergic to is
pollen, so I think you're safe!
Food choice sounds amazing.
I'll bring drinks unless you
want me to bring something
else?