April 19, 2017

Obvious

Eli laughed and shook his head. "I'm sure I can be very irritating." He nestled down on her as she hugged him tight, and he sighed with content. "You make total sense... but I like hearing those three little words anyway." Lifting his face, he gave her another kiss. "I love you too... You're the best thing that ever happened to me." 

Smothering her was not his plan, so he shifted around and switched places with her, now holding her on his chest and looking up at her. "You leave in the morning... but I don't remember how long you're gone for this time."


Hunter smiled as he read Ryan's last text, and set his phone aside. His night was a restless one, but he made it through. Even so, as the sun rose, he felt utterly useless. He'd normally go in to work out, then go over tonight's Karate material. It hadn't ever been much, but it had been enough to break up his days at least. Now... he had near nothing. 

Mid-morning, he finally got himself motivated enough to go outside, and got a bucket of soap and hooked up the hose. Cleaning his car inside and out would take a while, and he wanted it to look good anyway, since he was going to check out the races tonight. He knew Ryan was working today and didn't want to bother her. He'd made her miss enough work lately and he didn't want to get her in trouble.


"Oh, yeah." Tal nodded as he packed. "I've had Holly a few years now, and I started out with her. She's had a couple litters of pups, and I'd like her to have one more, but I gotta get settled first." He shrugged. "I work with them every day and they're smart. Eva thinks she's human - I think she's smarter than I am some days." 

He folded the box flaps in and pushed it aside. One more down. "Actually, I'm pretty sure they're both smarter than I am, but I like to pretend I've got a few brains." Right as he said it, he grabbed too large a handful of magazines and they all slipped out of his hand to fall all over the floor. He smirked and looked up at Brooke sheepishly. "Case in point. At this rate, it's gonna take me a week to get out of here."


It was a disposable container. Zan sighed. He figured, but it had been worth a try. He was ready to put his phone away when he saw another text, and a smile spread on his lips. He hadn't thought about actually going to Destiny's house though. Was it... a little much? Her last line though, made his smile widen. He hadn't known her long, but he knew he could trust her. And it made him feel good that she apparently trusted him, too. 
Aw man, am I that obvious? ;-)

He followed it up with a second text.  
I think that sound like an awesome idea.

He'd definitely have to get cleaned up. He was absolutely filthy at the moment.
Name the time and tell me where you
live and I'll be there.