April 19, 2017

Been a while

Meeting Destiny's gaze at the door, Zan couldn't help his smile. Did she ever not look pretty? "Hey..." 

He automatically followed her inside and to the kitchen, glancing around at the surroundings. Setting the pop down on the counter, he chuckled. Sour patch kids... he'd have to remember that. "Oh, I think I can wait thirty minutes." He leaned back against the counter and crossed his arms, just watching her. "Smells great though, so if my stomach starts to growl, it's your fault."

Grinning, he moved closer to the stove and peeked over her shoulder. "Been a while since I've had a good home-cooked meal," he admitted. "I tend to be a takeout kinda guy, but only 'cause I have a tendency to burn things." He gave her a sideling glance. "Can I help with anything that won't burn?"


Tal picked up his box and carried it to the growing stack to set it down. "Hmm, well, I can't think of anything off the top of my head but... I'll keep my eye out. Though... from everything I've heard, you're far from being a burden to Scarlet."

Continuing to work, time passed quickly when there was two of them, and soon, Tal's stomach was reminding him it was lunchtime. Flopping down on the couch, he sighed. "I don't know about you, but I'm hungry. I can call out for pizza or... Chinese or... anything that sounds good to you."