April 4, 2017

Creepy

Justin glanced back at Chance before looking to Misty again, and nodded slowly as he thought. "You could be right about a breakdown. I was watching as he got questioned earlier and he looked pretty bad. I wonder if he's been carrying this thing around for longer than we know." He agreed with her... no one deserved to be this distraught. "Unfortunately... his choices are going to make it difficult to grant mercy." 

He sighed, still thinking. "If you think he's that unstable that he might hurt himself, I would suggest having someone watch him overnight at least. See how he is tomorrow and if he's no better... give me a call, would you?" He managed a small kind of smile. "If Reese really wants me on the team, then I guess I better start acting like it... Hope is closer though, so if something needs immediate attention, definitely get her over here." 


Zan cocked his head a little as he listened to Destiny, imagining her walking on the beach or painting a picture. "Well... I'll admit you do seem the quiet type, but that doesn't mean it's dull." He sipped his black coffee slowly before giving her a wry grin. "I think I live quite a ways away from you on the lifestyle spectrum." 

He leaned back in his chair and shrugged. "I like cars, and I like going fast, so... late night desert racing is my main activity. I definitely like movies and music..." He thought for a moment. It wasn't often he was forced to talk about himself. "I like playing cards, I..." He laughed. "I started this, but now I don't know what to say. Um..." He took another sip of coffee. "I like beaches too," he admitted. "The lake up here is pretty nice, so sometimes I just go up there for a day and fish or just sit. Depending on my mood, I sometimes hang at a club or beachside party." He paused to grin again. "See? I sound pretty boring too." 

The coffee was good, and he was glad he'd gotten her to come along. He didn't mind The Griller, but after a while, it was nice to have a change of scenery. The pause that followed wasn't too awkward, but just enough that he looked to Destiny again. "You... gonna be okay? I feel bad just leaving you alone tonight." Maybe it sounded creepy, but he meant it. He fluctuated between hanging with the racing crowd and being a loner, but often didn't really connect with others beyond small talk or waves. It felt kind of nice to have a one-on-one conversation tonight, even if it was rather strange.


Hunter stirred for the first time. He'd slept the night through, and better than he'd expected. Morning light crept in around the curtains, giving the room a slight glow. He yawned but didn't move to get up yet. At some point, he'd rolled onto his side, and Ryan was still tucked in front of him. He tightened his arm around her a little, and purposely tangled his legs around hers before kissing the back of her head. "You better be careful," he mumbled. "I'm gonna get used to this and you'll never get rid of me."