April 8, 2017

Can't Refuse

Catching sight of the door opening, Zan glanced that direction, and his pulse quickened just for a moment. There she was. And she was wearing a bit of a smile tonight. That brought a grin to his own lips. 

As Destiny approached, he cocked his head at the container in her hand, but he didn't have to wonder long. His grin turned into a full smile. "Now how'd you know I have a sweet tooth?" Under the table, he took his foot and pushed another chair out for her to sit. "You didn't have to do anything like that." In spite of his little chide though, he couldn't help but open the container to take a peek. And of course when he did, the smell of chocolate made his mouth water. "But... since you did... I might as well go ahead and try one, right?"

He took a small bite, then paused, quirking an eyebrow. "Oh man... these are really good." He nodded his approval. "I definitely can't refuse."

Still smiling, he searched her face. "You look a little better tonight... doing alright?"


Justin nodded to Misty. He felt the same. "I'm gonna see if Reese will let me go to Chance's place - or at least go along when someone else goes 'cause I know they'll want to search it. And see about grabbing some of his clothes and personal items. This isn't going to pass quickly, and it'll make him more comfortable to have some of his own things here."

He thought for another moment. "He's completely shut down right now, so I think I'll try talking to him again tomorrow. You may want to give him something to sleep again - otherwise I don't think he will. And... I'll be back tomorrow morning unless you call me. Sound okay?"


Kirk frowned, and sighed at Adison's thoughts as she gently challenged him. Normally she'd just smack him upside the head, so he knew he must be acting differently for her to treat him more carefully. He toyed with her fingers in her hand as he thought.

He finally shook his head. "Naw... I'd feel bad. I guess I'm just not friends with him like the others are - or were - so I don't have that personal investment. I don't want anyone to end their life, I just... think he deserves a more fitting treatment for what he's done. He's betrayed everyone, and he's not even being put in a cell."

He shrugged. "And I guess I'm not totally convinced Chance isn't just playing them. If he's that good of a liar, then who's to say he's not faking his depression just so they'll feel sorry for him?"


I don't know what I'd do without you. I know I've been stupid before but... I don't know what I would have done if we really would have parted for good.
Jason ran his fingers slowly through hers, just letting his mind wander back to all the times they'd been over, then come back together. It was almost funny now, and a thin smile creased his lips. 

"Would you be terribly offended if I fell back to sleep?" His eyes felt so heavy and he'd been trying so hard not to just sleep the entire day, but all his body wanted was sleep so it could try and recover. He squeezed her hand. "Maybe later we can do one of those puzzles Jade gave us that requires cuddling."