July 23, 2017

Sooner Then I...

As Alec got up and left Misty didn't try and stop him. She couldn't image how he must be feeling. As the water came over and asked if everything was ok she confirmed it was and just asked if they could get their stuff to go. Waiting for the waiter to come back with their items in a bag she paid and headed outside to find Alec.

Seeing him over on the side she gave a soft smile and walked over to him. She knew this must be embarrassing for him and she didn't want to draw attachen to that and make him feel worse.

   "Hey, I got our order. Ready for our picnic?"

Ashlee couldn't help but laugh as she was about to put the phone in her pocket. Getting another text though she looked again and smiled. Even if she did miss her friend she was happy he was doing well and enjoying himself. 

Good, I'm happy you are learning lots, 
and doing well. Just don't let that Agency
guy beat you up too much. 

Sending the text she saw Travis come in the and waved before sending another quick text before slipping her phone in her pocket.

Well, I better eat breakfast so I can
finish working and then get some 
school work done.  I don't know if 
I told you, but I am going to continue
right through the summer so I can try
and graduate early.

Katie laughed and leaned into Jeff a little bit before joining him on the stump he sat down on. Just closing her eyes for a long second she felt the cool breeze run over her skin, Opening her eyes and looking at Jeff again she raised an eyebrow.

   "I'm not so sure I want to stand in Angel's way. Don't tell her but...she is kinda scary."

Leaning back and resting her head on her dad's shoulder she listened to him while listening to Jason too. She'd gotten good at having two conversations at once.

I think a bonfire sounds perfect. It's been a long time since I have been able to enjoy one. 

Turning to her dad finally she smiled at him. She didn't want him to feel bad, she never did.

   "What really is normal ya know? For us this is normal and I really couldn't think of it being any other way."

Taking her dad's hand in her own she held it. She knew he hated not being able to do things like most people but she was never sorry or wished for something more. Only that he would be happy.

   "You are enough, and even more. I do wish we could spend more time together, and the only reason I hate you worrying is because I don't want to lose you sooner than I have too. I love you dad, and I could never ask for someone better."