July 24, 2017

Pushy

Alec just nodded numbly and followed Misty to the kitchen. "Not watching tv for three months kinda curbs that appetite," he admitted ruefully. He leaned on the doorway and just watched her for a few moments. Had it really been that long? Would he ever get his head wrapped around the fact that he was home now and that time really had passed?...


..."Honey, I'm home!" Carson hung his hat on the hall rack and kicked off his shoes before wandering all the way into the house. He stopped short thought, when he realized Alec was asleep on the couch, and his eyes widened. Slipping into the kitchen, he bit his lip. "Oops," he spoke quietly, "didn't know he'd be sleeping." He wandered up behind Misty to look over her shoulder at what she was fixing, and slid his arms around her waist before kissing her neck teasingly. "Something smells amazing, and I know it's not me, 'cause I reek of pizza grease."

In the living room, Alec cracked his eyes open. It took him a moment to gain his bearings and realize where he was. He hadn't intended on falling asleep earlier, but after he'd sat down, his body must have just finally given out. Now he was curled on his side with a throw pillow, more comfortable than he had been in... well, a very long time. It was warm here. Safe. Peaceful. Everything the Agency was not.

He yawned and stretched before realizing he heard Carson's voice. Even that was... nice. His eyes fell shut again. Maybe he'd just stay here... a few more minutes... until supper was ready.


"Seriously?"

Dylan looked up from the break room table where he'd just bit into an apple. "What?"

Eli smirked. "Tell me that's not your lunch."

"I brought some celery and peanut butter," Dylan defended. "Fruit, veggies and nuts - I've had far worse."

"After the workout Garret just gave us, you and I deserve some real protein." Eli motioned him into the hall. "Come on."

Dylan blinked. "What? Where?"

"Come on!" Eli repeated. "I haven't got all day."

Dylan shrugged and abandoned his meager meal, following Eli through the building and outside. "You gonna tell me where we're going?"

"Hello... Food." Eli grabbed the extra helmet off his motorcycle, and handed it to him. "This should fit well enough. Ever been on the back of a bike?"

Dylan bit his lip to hide his grin. Eli was really going to give him a ride? "Just a couple times."

"Okay. Then you know not to scream or pull me off." Eli donned his own helmet and fingerless gloves before mounting up and bringing the engine to life. "Hop on." He thumbed to the back.

Dylan hesitated just a moment before climbing on. Eli had said he needed to come back to the office, so at least he wasn't going out of his way. And no one here would even notice he was gone probably.

It only took about ten minutes before they were parked again and walking into the little diner. Spotting Scarlet, Eli grinned and sauntered over to the table. "Hey... hope you don't mind, I brought a stray along with me."

Dylan smirked. "I'm not a stray, and you practically dragged me out of the break room." He glanced at Scarlet. "Is he always this pushy?"

Eli gave him a teasing shove into the booth before he slid in next to Scarlet and gave her a quick but meaningful kiss on the lips. "I'm not pushy, am I?"


In spite of being occupied with looking for apartments, the longer the day went on, the more anxious Jett grew. He'd seen that black car two more times now, making this whole thing even worse on the nerves. He hadn't mentioned it to Destiny though. He didn't want her to think he was an entire basket case. Although... on the inside, that's sure what it felt like. 

Getting back in the car after checking out another apartment, he glanced at the clock, then over to Destiny. "Do I... I mean... Do you really think I'll get arrested if I don't talk to the Elite? I... I mean... what I'd they just hold it all against me anyway?"


Jason smiled as he continued to play and hum. 

Maybe I do this every night and you just don't know about it.

He pushed some teasing emotions in Katie's direction, giving her leg a little nudge. Actually his music had take  a back seat lately, which he didn't like. 


Turning and looking almost cross-eyed at the chocolate, Travis grinned. "Uh-huh." He took her hand before she could pull away, and licked the chocolate off her thumb. Laughing, he slid his arm around her shoulders and pulled her in close. "You're sweet enough for me though."