June 1, 2017

Tomorrow Night

Hal returned Sam's kiss lightly and smiled. Too good to be true? How serious was she about this? His eyes searched hers as they liked to do, and his thoughts from earlier returned. Were they moving too quickly? 

Maybe it was her presence that made him feel so good. Maybe it was the wine. Either way, his mind didn't want to dwell on his questions. He just wanted to enjoy the moment. He leaned back in, just brushing her lips with his. His fingers intertwined with hers, gently moving as he tilted his head, again hardly touching his lips to hers. His other hand crept up to the side of her face, his thumb caressing her cheek. "If it's too good to be true..." he whispered. His light kisses continued, just barely brushing over her skin. "...let's just stay here forever."


"An unstoppable force..." Hunter grinned. "I like the sound of that."

Zan wasn't so sure he'd ever really be in Hunter and Ryan's league - he'd probably still be in the novice races if he hadn't been so determined to move up too fast. Even so, he grinned a little at Ryan's compliment. "Well... I dunno, but thanks. I certainly don't plan on quitting any time soon." He turned to Destiny and moved a little closer. "I'm glad you had fun..." He bit his lip as he quirked a little smile. "You know I wouldn't complain about you sticking around. I'm not too proud to have you watch and give me pointers." 

Jett hooked his thumbs in his pockets and scuffed a toe in the sand, contemplating Ryan's suggestion. "Eh... I don't know... I don't... really belong out there with racers. I mean..." He glanced up at Destiny's comment and shook his head. "I'm just... a sidekick." Glancing back down, he cleared his throat, then snapped his attention back up and changed the subject. "Oh! Crap, I forgot. The novice race was bumped back."

Hunter's eyebrows rose. "When is it?"

"Tomorrow night."

Zan shrugged. "Fine by me."

"Me too," Hunter agreed. "Let's get this done." 

Eli clapped his hands together. "Good. We can get it over with. Glad we practiced today. Now - who wants pizza?" 

Jett immediately perked up. "I'm starving."

Zan glanced at Destiny and offered a new smile. "Care to join us?" 

Hunter tightened his arms around Ryan and set his chin on her shoulder. "I like the sound of pizza. I just can't stay out late tonight on account of company coming." 

Eli quirked an eyebrow. "Company?"

"Yeah. Dylan Henson. He's-"

"Mick's son?"

Hunter blinked. "Yeah... did Ryan tell you about him?"

"Well somebody did." Eli grinned, trying to recover as the wheels in his mind turned. "We won't keep you out late. Or at least I won't. I can't speak for my sister." He moved to his motorcycle and mounted up, and Jett went back to the loaner car. 


Gunner wrapped his arms around Bree, sinking into her embrace. Her words meant the world to him. He swiped away a tear and choked on a light laugh. "I... forgot?" Pulling her closer again, he kissed her once more, now with all his love and passion that had been so far out of his mind's reach the last few days. It wasn't just a kiss goodnight to a stranger. It was a kiss that proved his love had not left. 

Drawing back to catch his breath, he closed his eyes, resting his forehead against hers. "Does... does this mean the surgery worked?" He swallowed hard. "Or... do I have to go back to Brookshire?"