June 30, 2017

Trust

Eric chuckled and put an arm around Ashlee's shoulders as he aimed for the barn door. "Well I certainly wouldn't want you to die." Walking with her to the main house, a smile remained on his lips. Once inside, it wasn't hard to find Stacy at one of the tables. Approaching, Eric leaned down to give her a kiss. "Good morning," he whispered. He pulled out a chair next to her and sat down, taking off his hat to run a hand through his hair. "So...." He glanced down at her hand and grinned. "Anybody notice yet?" He hadn't told anyone, just letting the news filter on its own.


Looking down at the table Jamison ran his fingers along his glass. "I hate this," he admitted. "Talking about Kirk this way, I mean." He sighed. "I've known him quite a while and... it just feels weird, ya know? Thinking of ways to keep information from him. Withholding. I just..." 

He finished off his iced tea and shrugged. "I guess it doesn't feel right. I'm not used to not trusting him to make the right decisions. And if I don't trust him now... how can I trust him later?" He glanced back up at Dalton. "Rules say we need to tell Kirk that Hal knows something so he can take that lead. But neither of us is gonna do that. So... where does that leave us with Kirk in the end? When this is over... how can we trust him, and how could he trust us?"


Garret looked at Maggie with a little worry as she coughed, but then offered a gentle smile. "I love living here." He reached over and brushed some hair out of her face. "But a man's got to... well..." He sighed. How on earth did he explain it to her? 

"You know how you have your own room upstairs? It's kind of your own space, right? Well, I've got a room, but... sometimes it's better for someone like me to have my own space too. Like my own apartment." He cocked his head. "And you'll still see me. A lot. I promise, okay? Maybe I'll still come over for some meals." He regained his grin. "And you can come see my place too and help me decide where to hang your pictures."