June 14, 2017

Step Down

Eli's eyes widened. "Trouble? Us? Never!" He wrapped his arms around Scarlet and gave her a loud kiss on the cheek. "Well... maybe just a little trouble."

His eyes twinkled with mischief as he waved at his sister. "Goodnight, Speedy. Rest well." As he was left alone with Scarlet, he sighed deeply. It had been a very, very full day, and truth be told... he was exhausted. There was so much he wanted to talk about - from the race, to work, to the Elite and Dylan. But it would all have to wait. 

Sinking into the couch a little more, he nuzzled his face into Scarlet's neck. "You better go before I fall asleep on you," he mumbled. "'Cause I weigh a ton and you'll never move me."


Turning from the counter and seeing Destiny, Zan smiled. She appeared about as sleepy as he felt. Maybe a bit disheveled from the long night, yet she looked just about as cute as ever.

"I think... I certainly wouldn't say no to some breakfast," he agreed. "If you can find anything around here worth cooking that is." He moved to the fridge and peered inside, grimacing just a little. "Well it looks like I do have some eggs. That's a start." He sighed and let the door shut again. "It's all yours. I can help find utensils at least." He didn't have the best stocked kitchen, but he had enough dishes and utensils to get by.

Moving closer to her, his smile returned. "First though..." His hands slid up her arms until he draped his own arms over her shoulders, closing the gap between them. "I owe you for helping me out with Jett." He cocked his head and leaned down to give her lips a slow kiss, allowing it to linger as long as she'd allow.


Reese let his hand drop from his forehead as he frowned. "Yes," he stated flatly. "The reins are way too tight around here, but it's not me who's tightening them. It's the frickin' FBI, but I get the flack because I'm the one who has to enforce the new restrictions." He huffed a sigh, trying to calm down. He didn't usually get this worked up, but today everything just felt too heavy to bear. 

"I actually agree with what Sam did, but I couldn't let the act go unpunished - not with Kirk standing right there. And now I've gotta figure out how to get Pete back too. You're right that Kirk needs to know about Jason and Katie, but I just know he's not going to react well. I'd like to think he'll be fine but my gut just knows he's gonna make trouble. And then we'll lose two more agents."

Leaning his head back against the wall, he closed his eyes again. "Maybe I need to step down. I can't keep playing by rules I don't agree with. The FBI would rather see Kirk in charge anyway. Maybe I should just bow out before I'm forced out."