June 27, 2017

Classified

Garret gave Sapphire a bit of a crooked grin. "Yeah it makes sense... You make it sound so easy though. It's just... not easy, for someone who's not so sure he's even got a heart to begin with." Or maybe it was that he simply didn't like having a heart because it hurt more than anything.

Turning back to the computer, he shook his head. He wanted to ask her directly if she would have let Aaron go too, but if he did that, then she'd know Aaron was still close, and she could get into hot water herself. "I guess only time will tell if I made the right choice," he concluded. "So... what was it I was supposed to be looking at here?


Hearing Ron's brief report, Kirk tensed. Jason's pickup had been abandoned? He glanced at Adison. Any other time and he'd suspect foul play. Perhaps even the Agency. But after yesterday, all he could surmise was that Jason and Katie really had run.

He looked back up at his friend and pursed his lips, thinking a long moment. "It's classified. However, I want you to continue investigating. Keep it low-key though. I just want to know where Jason and Katie both went." He knew Ron wouldn't be happy with that, but it was all he was willing to give at this point. They had a real problem on their hands, and he wasn't even so sure he could talk to Reese about it. More than likely, Reese already knew. And that made this whole thing worse. His eyes returned to Adison. Now what?


Stacy's words caught Erich just a bit off guard, unsure as to exactly what either of them were saying at this point. He knew what he wanted to say, but he'd already blown any chance of doing it smoothly. "Well, I... I think I am?" Eric cringed a little. Every once in a while he was still reminded of his old head injury, making it hard to find the right words or use proper grammar, and it was worse when he was nervous. "I mean..." 

He could feel the heat in his face and was glad it was dark. "I'm not doing a very good job of this am I?"