June 3, 2017

Busy evening?

Gunner looked at Bree, genuinely surprised. "Really? You'd want to do that?" He brushed a strand of hair back from her face. "You deserve a whole lot more than that, you know..."

They hadn't even talked about any wedding plans at all, let alone the type of wedding, a date, or even where they'd live afterwards. His issues had gotten in the way of a lot of things.

"But I will be happy with whatever you pick, because what makes you smile makes me smile." He leaned in for another long kiss. He knew she didn't want to hear his concerns about being a burden. He knew she didn't want to hear his concerns about how they'd survive financially. Or his concerns about his foggy future. 

Drawing back again, he rested his forehead against hers. "Any thoughts on where we're gonna live? I gotta have some kind of picture to make sure I don't spend the rest of my life in that Brookshire room."


Eli smirked at Scarlet. "So I'm slow on the uptake. Give me a break." He slung his arm around her and gave her a squeeze which almost pulled her out of his chair, and he just grinned.

Hunter chuckled and nodded. "Thanks, Scarlet. I'll see if Dylan even wants to come at all, but if he does, you can keep an eye on him. That'll be one less worry for me."

Jett sat back and just watched. It didn't take a genius to see Hunter and Eli had purposely ignored his offer and concentrated on Scarlet instead. They were all so friendly earlier, but they didn't obviously didn't trust him. He shouldn't care. It shouldn't bother him. But... deep down... it did. He sighed and finished off his pop before standing. "I better go get Tony's car back to the junkyard."

Zan looked up quickly. "Oh yeah. Alright." Was something wrong? He couldn't quite tell. "Wanna hang later?"

Jett opened his mouth to say yes, but then changed his mind. Zan had better things to do with better friends. "Nah. I, um... I got stuff I'm gonna do. I'll see you at the race tomorrow though."

"Sure." Zan shrugged. "Take it easy."

"Yeah." Jett was just walking out when he snapped his finger and spun around to look at Hunter. "Forgot. Job opening at TJ's. You mentioned you might be looking."

Hunter's eyebrows rose. He knew the auto parts store. "Oh yeah. Thanks. I might check it out."

"Sure." Jett threw the table - including Destiny - one last glance before finally leaving. 

Zan leaned a little closer to Destiny. "How about you? Busy evening planned?"

Hunter sighed and looked at his watch. "Well... Dylan won't get here for a long while yet but I gotta stay awake." He quirked a silly grin at Ryan. "Any ideas?"


Hal lifted his head and opened his eyes again to grin down at Sam. "You think too much." He stifled a yawn. "But you're probably right."

He shifted and helped Sam sit up so he didn't jostle her too much as he stood. Stretching tall, he yawned again and collected their dishes to take them back inside.

Too soon, he was at the front door with Sam, giving her a sleepy smile. "Thanks for the relaxing evening... This was nice."