November 3, 2016

Snarglbottom

Watching Garret Maggie took in everything he said and he did. She looked at the papers with him even though she really didn't know what they said. Pointing to one of the harder names she couldn't help the giggle.

   "This is a funny one...Adam Snarglbottom."

Her pronunciation of the last name was way off but she sure had tried to sound it off the best she could. Just continuing to watch and scanning the names with Garret she was content. Even if she wasn't helping, and had no idea what he was doing she felt important to be there too.

As Laura comes into the room she looks up and smiles. Thinking for a moment this could be on of the biggest choices to her. She liked both items so it was hard to choose what one she wanted. 

   "Can we have grilled cheese with tomato soup?"

Waiting a second for Laura to answer Maggie than looked to Garret with hope in her eyes.

   "Will you eat with us tonight? I miss having you at the table too."

Getting to Nate cubicle Ron gave a nod before picking up his cell phone. He new Kirk was trying to help and he was thankful. He would take all the help he could get. Though he didn't say it he was nervous about the call.

   "I guess I am as ready as I'll never be."

Just holding the phone for a long moment he finally dials the number and waits several moments as it rings. Someone answers Ron glances around the room before letting the silence linger to long.

   "Hello, can I speak with Mr. Hilter please."

   "Can I ask who is calling?"

   "It's Ron Sander."

   "One moment please."

   "Thank you."

As the line when silent Ron took in a deep breath. He hadn't realized he was holding it till now. He'd never been so nervous before. Hearing a click he new someone was coming back on the other line.

   "Hello?"

   "Mr Hilter, It's Ron Sander. I was calling Sir because the lead I had in Nevada turned up to be a dead end."

   "Are you sure?"

   "Yes Sir I am. All and any of the leads I had have come up as a bust. I'm so sorry for you and your daughters loss."

   "Mmmmm....Thank you, I'll be in touch if I find anything else out."

   "Ok, thank you Sir. Have a good night."

As the line went dead Ron let out another breath before looking around at the faces in the room. He didn't know if that was answer enough on who he was or not but he hoped so and he hoped that whoever was on the other end believed him.

   "So...now what?"