November 22, 2016

Couldn't Mean Less

Hunter gave a light laugh. "Well...if that's all it took, I shoulda won for you sooner." He nodded with a little more seriousness. "It's good to see you again, Ryan." He really did mean it. She'd been great competition, and even though they were rivals, there was a mutual respect there that he appreciated. "And of course I can bear with you. I'm not so easy to get along with myself sometimes."

He glanced over his shoulder and sighed. "Guess I better go collect some cash. Made a stupid bet but wound up winning." He grinned and gave the three a one-fingered salute. "See ya soon."

Eli could tell Ryan was getting nervous, and he nodded back away from the crowd where they'd parked. "How about we go home and have a bowl of popcorn in front of a B movie?"


Jamison nodded for Adison to sit down while he retrieved the rest of his yogurt. He wandered back as she talked, and sat on the armrest of the couch and took his time eating another spoonful while he considered his response.

"Kinda getting tired of the back door approach," he mused. "Kirk spends countless hours over there, then wants full reports overnight - after I was already suspended, mind you - then asks me what I think about the Elite but won't say why. Now you're here asking me almost the same thing."

He scraped out the rest of his yogurt and licked the spoon before he cocked his head to study Adison. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say the report I saw in Kirk's file was true. Oh...I wasn't supposed to see that, was I? The part that said he was getting transferred with two more nameless agents." He paused again. "Let me guess. You and...Sam?" Using Kirk's access code the other night had proven to reveal a lot of interesting things.

He set aside the spoon and container so he could cross his arms. "My opinion of anything couldn't mean less to anybody. So why are you asking me what I think about the Elite?"