November 14, 2016

Name

Having Nate home, Laura set her book aside and snuggled into him on the couch, listening as he told her all what was going on. She was surprised and a bit concerned about the whole FBI thing, but she had faith the Elite would come through it alright. Hearing about Gunner was discouraging though. She could only hope and pray he was okay and that they'd find him quickly.

"Mmm...my day wasn't nearly as exciting." She leaned up to give his cheek a kiss before resting her head comfortably on his shoulder. "Although having Garret actually go pick up Maggie from school was pretty amazing. I bought him some clothes at the used clothing store today. I hope that was alright."

Her finger ran absentmindedly up and down his arm as she paused in thought. "Speaking of Garret...something kind of odd... When I got on the computer earlier I could tell Garret had been using it. Which was fine, I don't care, but... I got curious." She couldn't help but feel a little guilty. It wasn't that she didn't trust Garret, she just...wanted to be wise. "I looked at the browser history and he'd been googling someone named John Schrader. It looked like he'd ended up on this guy's Facebook page. Young guy with a family. I dunno, it just felt...odd. Like why on earth would someone like Garret be googling anybody, let alone looking at a Facebook page, when he's had access to Agency systems all this time?"

She finally lifted her head so she could see Nate's face. "He's never mentioned that name or anything to you has he?"


Kirk's eyes went a little wide and he bit his lip, glancing at Adison a little sheepishly. He'd actually never mentioned Ron's little episode with Garret? "Oh yeah... Remember the Agency guy I told you about that says he's turned? Garret? Yeah, Ron met him the other day." He grimaced as he looked back at Ron. "Glad your noggin is still in one piece."

Truth be told, this did feel just slightly awkward with the three of them, but not nearly as tense as it had been at his apartment the other day. "So..." He rubbed his hands together. "Who wants to beat me in pool?"