November 13, 2016

Answers

At all the questions, Reese opened his mouth to answer then stopped. He looked to Kirk and gestured to him. He might as well give him the floor since he was really in charge of these changes.

Kirk took his cue and nodded. "Misty first. Yes, there will still be an infirmary. As long as you and Rick are still on board, you will be very much wanted and needed. Because both of you have had the appropriate medical training, the board has approved that the Elite continue to function with its own infirmary. You're going to be required to fill out more reports differently and release more information so they can keep tabs, but all in all, it will stay the same. And...with a new building, hopefully you can have an even better setup."

Rick folded his arms and sighed. "More information released?"

"Yes. About individual cases. You shouldn't have anything to worry about - they basically just want to make sure the infirmary is up to par and that you're sending agents to the hospital at the appropriate times. Which - as far as I know, you already have been." 

Kirk paused, then looked to Dalton. "If partnerships are running well, I see no reason to break them up. You and Scott make a good team. You may experience an addition to that team at some point, but I don't foresee breaking you guys up, no."

Scott visibly relaxed. There was no way he'd be able to adjust working with a different partner. Nobody understood him like Dalton or would be as patient with him on his bad days. He leaned forward to rest his elbows on his knees, worn out just from this emotional strain. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught Hope. The future was so vague. 

After waiting for any more, Kirk turned to Sapphire. "Yes, Gunner was a fine agent. But the board felt his record had proven too much instability. We all have quirks. But I think you'd have to agree that it was more than quirks with him. The board didn't feel it was a wise risk to keep him on staff."

Con looked at Jamie and gave her hand a squeeze before standing. "I know this might not be the appropriate time, but I think you all have a right to know that Gunner is missing."

Several pairs of eyes went wide, along with Reese's. "What?"

"While I don't necessarily agree with the decision to let him go, this only proves the board's point. He went missing the day he was fired, I found him, and today he's gone again. I know that he was having suicidal thoughts again, so it's pretty serious. Instead of just being upset he was let off the team, I think we should help find him before something happens."

Kirk's shoulders sank. He wished there had been another way. Gunner had been a vital part of this team, but with these issues....Con was right - it just proved the board's point. "I'm sorry to hear about that... I'm sure if anyone can find him, it's the Elite."

Reese nodded his agreement. "Con, stick around when we're done here. I want to know more. Anyone else willing to help, you can stay as well. Back on topic, anything else?"

Ty raised his hand. "Anyone else getting the sack?"

Kirk grinned a little. "If you're in this room, your job is safe. Roles may shift a little as we transition, but I hope none of you leave. I came here expecting to find a place that I'd need to shut down. Instead, I found a family that's doing an amazing job protecting the public. As long as the board still trusts my judgment, we're good." He looked around at all the eyes. Though he stood tall and confident, in the inside he was rather intimidated. He'd never been in this kind of position with this much responsibility before. "I'm going to need all of your support too. I'm going to have a lot of questions, and I'm counting on you for your support. As will the other team members I'll be bringing aboard." He paused. "Any more questions? I'll stay as long as I need to."


JT awoke with a start. He'd fallen asleep in his chair and had been dead to thr world for longer than planned. He looked around to find himself still alone, and sighed. He checked his phone. Nothing. He got out his phone to text Bree.

Coming home soon?