November 28, 2016

Watching Helps

   "Mmmm...knowing you would be watching helps calm my nerves a little because honestly..."

Sam and turns to look at Hal. She didn't feel like she needed to be something she wasn't with him like she did back at the office. There was just something about him that made her feel comfortable and open. 

   "...I am nervous. I think it would be good though if I went and did his lunch alone. See what I'm up against, but if you could watch this once that would be great."

Giving a smile and straightening a little Sam studied Hal for a long moment. She liked him already. He was nice, smart, and even if he was rough with Aaron there was still compassion in his eyes and she liked that. 

   "If I go to Kirk he's going to find something else dumb for me to do. I think I'd rather observe, and sort security feed with you. If you have any paper work that needs to be done I can do that too. I actually like paper work believe it or not."

   "Have to soak it up while you can. Soon it will be gone and the cold will set in. Nice still..just in a different way."

Getting to the car and unlocking it Lucy took the books from Jamison and nodded her thanks. She would of been able to make it there herself but having him help her made it ten times easier. Hearing Jamison new what she was studing jut from her books she smiled. He was smart. 

   "Thanks I'm really liking it so far. It was nice meeting you Jamison, and maybe I'll get lucky and see you in the park again."

All of a sudden she felt silly and she couldn't help the slight red that formed on her cheeks. Why she had said that she had no idea but it was to late now to take it back.

Following Garret and watching as he navigated Nate was surprised to see that Garret's brother's wife was Jamison's sister. It was a small world indeed and day after day that was proven.  Letting it sink in for a long moment Nate finally gave a small sigh.

   "You do know, one day you are going to have to stop worrying what people think right? You have a chance for a new start now, you need to stop living in the path of what you were, and allow yourself to move on."

Falling silent again Nate could see the hurt still in Garret's eyes. He new that feeling would not go away very easy and he understood that. This was all a hard thing to swallow but Garret needed to do it in his own time and not have someone rush him.

   "That being said, I dont say anything to Jamison or anyone else. That is your choice. Just know if you were to choose to ever reach out, Laura and I would stand behind you and help any way we could."