March 8, 2017

Kinda Forgot

Hunter closed his eyes and sighed with content as Ryan placed her hand on the side of his face. Someday he'd tell her how much he enjoyed her warm touch. "You're lucky I haven't snuck over myself," he teased.

Opening his eyes, he grinned. Anybody else would think they were implying something bad, but in reality, they both knew they missed curling up under the blankets together just to sleep. "I suppose one of these days I should clean my apartment and have you over so you at least can come kidnap me sometime." He gave her one last quick kiss before finally prying himself away and standing. He took her hand as they walked to where Eli was waiting. "I'll text ya in the morning prolly and maybe we can come up with a game plan or no plan."

Once Ryan was in the car, Eli waved to Hunter before leaving the parking lot. He glanced at his sister and smiled, seeing her own lingering smile. He was sure that eventually that would be the norm again. "So... how ya holding up?"


Hal chuckled and shook his head. "Nah. He was more frightened than injured I think. Got him back in the water with hardly a scratch."

He enjoyed being out here like this... and Sam's company really was enjoyable. He didn't have to babysit her like he would with some women. She just jumped right in and tried what was new, unafraid of the worms or touching the fish. It was impressive, really. At least to him.

A couple hours later, they had a nice batch of fish on the stringer, and the bites had slowed way down. It was warmer out now and the water calmer. More than likely, the fish had gone deeper for the day. Hal sighed and yawned just as his stomach growled. He gave Sam a little sheepish grin. "I kinda forgot about lunch... Bring anything good?"


"Hey, Misty?" Jason tapped on the infirmary door before wandering in. He'd felt sluggish all morning. Katie had said he'd felt a little warm, and now a headache had settled in. 

He rubbed his forehead and sighed, not knowing his face was flushed. "I was just gonna go home and go to bed but with how weird things get sometimes, I thought I better stop in here first." His look was one of apology - he hated bothering her. At least most of the tension between them had dissolved, especially since Carson had come back into the picture. "I don't know if it's the flu or something else."