March 31, 2017

Bewilderment

Hunter blinked and just stared back at Ryan. Was she serious? Her eyes said so. Genuine bewilderment covered his own gaze. "You'd... you'd do that? For me?" He knew she cared about him but... to do this... Some might think it wasn't much, but to him, it was everything. 

Her wanting to stay though, threw him for an even bigger loop. "You... I can't... I mean, I can't let you do that... You have work and, and, and a whole lot better things to do than be stuck here with me. Not to mention..." He bit his lower lip. "Well it wouldn't really look very good, now would it?"


Eli kicked back in his chair, letting one hand flop over the side of the armrest to pet Zidan while his free hand sent a text to Ryan .
Hey Speedy. 
How's things?
I got off work today if you
need me for anything.
Actually, he really wanted to know what was going on and if things were okay.