March 16, 2017

Mouse

   "Ok, I'll accept it for now."

Katie smiled at Jason setting a hand on his shoulder. She did hate when he said he was sorry but if it was one of the ways he dealt with this whole thing then she would let him have it. At least he new she would always say it was ok too. 

Hearing his comment about his eyes glowing Katie couldn't help but open her eyes a little wider. That did seem like something out of a movie somewhere. How could that even be possible? Katie was about to say more when she caught Jason's look and looked seeing Adison and Kirk enter.

Katie couldn't help but stiffen a little at Kirk's comment. She knew they still didn't know her and Jason and at this point maybe that was a good thing. She couldn't help the feeling a fear she felt not knowing if they would let this go or not, on top of that she felt Jason's nerves too.

   "I get pretty bad migraines now and then, can put me out of commission for days sometimes."

   "Have you seen a doctor about that? Could mean something serious."

If Katie really did have migraines like that it really could mean something bad. Adison was just concerned for Katie's own health that maybe it was not being taken care of right.

   "I've got Rick. He's the best doc I know and has been my doctor since I came to Nevada."

As Adison and Kirk turned Katie gave Jason's hand a squeeze she could feel his emotions a little more now and she couldn't help her own worry increased. As it grew, and she took Jason's emotions too someone looking at her could see the red glow like Jason's that was now in her eye too.  Katie wouldn't know the difference, though.

Looking up at Kirk and Adison Misty didn't skip a beat as she stood and threw some glass in the garbage.

   "I saw a mouse and I happen to be petrified of them. The thing ran over my foot and I kind of lost it. No big deal really."

   "Strawberry, I think I can handle that."

Looking over at Hal and smiling Sam couldn't help but notice Hal had clicked a few things on the keyboard and the footage for the infirmary jumped. That was odd, had the system glitched or was there something more to it?

About to say something Sam was cut off as Hal got up and left the room. He was acting rather odd. What on earth was going on. 

Feeling Hunter's face on her neck Ryan stirred just a little. She remembered exactly where she was as Hunter's arm stayed around her. She couldn't be more comfortable at the moment if she tried. 

   "Mmm...can I just stay here. It's to comfortable to move, and you gotta come get me tomorrow anyone so we can possibly take a ride in my car."

   "I wasn't the one that was upset. You stormed out of the room while we were talking because you didn't like what I had to say."

Looking down at her own eggs she took a small bite before looking over at Chase to help him with his own food. She didn't like being at odds with Clint, she really didnt but it seemed so hard as of late to try and keep that from happening. It felt like they were both one two completely different paths.

   "If you think getting a job at the mill will help then maybe it's a good idea. I just hope it helps as much as you think it will."

Letting out a small sigh Wendy looked at Clint for a long moment. She missed his smile, she missed his laugh and she missed his love. Sometimes it just seemed like he was a stranger.

   "I'll make something nice for lunch for us."