March 31, 2017

Stumble. Catch

Just continuing to listen to Hunter Ryan gave a little nod her hand still interlocked with his. Running her thumb over his hand and finger. Her mind worked a million miles a minute trying to figure out a way to help. 

   "Well...if being around people who don't drink helps, then I won't drink anymore either and my apartment will be a safe haven for you. I'll let Eli know too."

Shifting again to see Hunter's face Ryan smiled as she searched his eyes. She could see the worry and the fear. Did he think she would leave him too? 

   "I can't speak for other people but I know I won't abandon you. I care way to much about you do that."

 Sitting up again and shifting so she was facing Hunter Ryan smiled again. He had helped her through her dark time, now it was time for her to help him as much as she could.

   "I guess I should get some clothing so I can stay here with you the next few days to make sure if you stumble, I can catch you."