March 24, 2017

Promise

Lunch was good and Ryan was happy with her choice of burger. It was as good as it sounded and Hunter again had picked a good place.

Finally getting back to her car Ryan thought for a long moment about Hunter's question. She hadn't seen Axel yet to tell him thank you so maybe that would be a good idea

   "I think we should. Let all the other guys drool a little too."

As Rick came over to her Katie just let him do his thing. Looking at him she felt so tired, more than she had before. It really was scary to think of what was happening.

   "Rick, what if we never get a handle on this and it's just to different than before. Our lives will be over."

Trying to sit up Katie cringed a little bit before leaning back against the pillow and resting her head back.

   "If it even comes down to it, I want you to save Jason. Promise me you will always save him before me. I don't care what happens to me as long as he is ok. "

   "Well, when I do get out I like going to play pool or shoot darts. I found recently I like fishing and apparently it's surprising I'm not squeemish of the fish or worms."

As Aaron stopped again so did Sam and she smiled a little. Going up would be harder since he had to lift and bend his knee more.

    "When I was in the academy I would go out with more my group of friends there. But that was because we only had weekend to ourselves."

Just letting Aaron continue to lean on her for support Sam was quiet for a second before looking at Aaron again.

   "How about you? Did you ever go out and just have days to yourself from the Agency?"

Sam was genuinely interested in what Aaron did in his free time. Not because he was Agency but because it was part of his life. It was just something people has to accept. It was the part but part of him.