March 30, 2017

Idiot

Hunter's eyes widened as it finally registered why Ryan was calling him, and he audibly swore at himself. "Ohhh... not good. I'm an idiot."

Jeb snickered at him and nudged him with his foot. "We alr'dy knew th't," he slurred.

Hunter started to laugh before clamping a hand over his mouth. "Shhhh," he hushed his inebriated friends. He tried to understand Ryan, but his brain was moving so slowly, it was difficult. "Ohhh, um... So sorry... I..." He cringed as he pulled himself up off the floor and draped himself over the barstool to stsy standing. "D'nt worry, I'll, um, I'll come getcha. Pr'mise."

As he tried to stand up and get seated again, he stumbled and dropped his phone, unintentionally ending the call. He stared down at it wide-eyed. "Oops."

Triston cracked up and had to keep himself from falling over. "Didya just hang up on yer girlfriend?"

"I think so." Hunter picked up his phone and squinted at it. "Yip. I... gotta go."

"What fer?" Jeb whacked his arm. "Let a girl run ya life and you'll be misar... myser... mis... you'll be sorry." He took the shot glass that was in front of him and offered it to Hunter instead. "Here. She can wait."

Hunter cackled and downed the shot, wincing as he swallowed it. "Yer absolutedly right. B'sides... I think I forgot where she lives."

At that, all three were laughing again.