March 26, 2017

At Night

Hearing about the butcher shop, Clint's eyebrows rose. For a moment, he was speechless. Wendy hadn't outright fought him about finding other work, but he knew she didn't like the idea. Yet she willingly told him about this job?

He set his sandwich down and slid his hand over to take hers. Her skin felt so soft under his rough fingers. "Thank you... that means a lot to me. I... might check that out." He gave her hand a squeeze. "No matter what I find... I promise I will always come home at night... you know that right?"


"Uh-uh." Hal shook his head. "I don't think Dalton's guilty either." He paused to frown. "Then again... I don't think anyone here is guilty... And yet... someone has to be. I just don't understand it."

He sighed and looked back at the screen. "We know the notebook was planted no longer than a couple days ago because that's when the camera moved. Otherwise... we've found nothing. I don't know what to do."

His eyes traveled back to Sam. "I'm not saying this because I think it's true but... would anyone want the FBI to discover something like this going on here, in order to prove the Elite is housing killers? I mean... could... the whole 'traitor in our midst' just be a lie, created to stir up trouble?"


Laura giggled as Nate came up behind her, and leaned back into him as he kissed her. "Mm... I won't be going anywhere," she assured, pointing a wooden spoon at him. "If you don't take too long, that is." She was so happy to see the spark back in her husband's eye... it had been gone for too long.


Garret didn't even look at Nate as he entered the room. He didn't want to hear any of the same old words meant to encourage him or make him more patient. He just wanted to be left alone.

Hearing what he had to say though, he finally looked at him before sitting up. "Serious?" He gave a slight scoff. "Maybe he's a better actor than I have him credit for." He thought for a moment, his brow furrowing. "Does he want me to do anything? I mean... Stay away or come in to work or...? What can I do to help?"