March 17, 2017

Change

Clint's shoulders dropped a little and he swallowed hard. "Yeah, okay." He really hadn't expected anything else, but now that he'd gotten Wendy's answer, all hope was gone. He could press the issue if he wanted, but it would just create a fight. 

After a few minutes of silence, he got to his feet and brushed off his jeans. "I'll be inside," he mentioned quietly. He didn't know now if she still wanted to eat lunch with him or not. He wasn't hungry, but he wasn't going to start yet another argument by not eating with her if she fixed something. 

He trudged inside and sat down at the kitchen table, folding his arms to use them as a pillow for his head, and closing his eyes. Why couldn't time be rewound? There were so many things he'd like to change. 


Jason returned Katie's kiss, and gave her a squeeze. "I think it's a good idea too." Seeing his mom and sister again would be a treat.

It wasn't but fifteen  minutes later that Rick returned from talking with Reese. "Okay. The ranch needs some more eyes. With Xander and his family there, there's an extra threat. So you two are on duty until you feel comfortable saying it's safe." He gave them both knowing looks. This had nothing to do with a case, but it would be their cover. "I suggest you both pack immediately. And... I will too."

Jason's eyebrows rose. "You?"

"I can't let either of you fly - you'd crash the plane. It also isn't safe for you to be driving long distance. And who else knows as much as I do about your patterns? Not to mention, I've always wanted to go to the ranch and Janet has been trying to get me out of her hair - apparently I've been a pain. So yes. Me. Go home and pack. We're leaving in the morning."

He turned and walked over to Misty, giving her a small smile. "I'll take care of them, if you keep things running around here." As much as he'd wanted to leave this place, he did feel bad the burden was on her shoulders. "I'm still just a phone call away, and you can always call on JT as well."


Jason  sighed and looked to Katie again. "I'm feeling okay enough to get myself home to pack. You be alright?"