March 27, 2017

Cherry Wood

As Garret messed up her hair Maggie swatted at Garret and laughed her smile was huge. She really had missed Garret while she was away and was happy to be home. 

   "Of course I came home silly. Where else would I go?"

Before saying anything Maggie got up from the table leaving her food and ran up the steps and to her room. Grabbing a little package she headed back down and handed it to Garret.

   "This is for you. My Aunt and Uncle helped me make it, and I....mmm...stained...thats whats its called. I stained it myself."

Inside the package was a cherry wood frame with the words best friends burned into it. Inside the frame was a picture of Maggie with a big cheesy grin on her face, and Garret standing next to her in her suit from the dance.

Sam gave a nod to Hal. She knew it had been a long day for him. She would more than likely stay a little longer, though.

   "Ok, I am gonna stay and look some more. Maybe something else will come up if I look just a little longer."

Sitting at the table with everyone it was really nice. Katie enjoyed that their families were together even if things were a little crazy. It was these little moments that really made it all worth it. As Kaylee threw her napkin at Jason again Katie laughed before taking another bite of her meal. Tonight she felt tired still but was doing her best to be social. 

   "I think someone just wants her brothers attachen. Poor girl is deprived of all that you know."

Feeling Jason's foot tap her Katie laughed again before rubbing her foot along his too, and pushing a few good emotions his way. 

If anything I missed talking to you without anyone else knowing.