November 4, 2016

No-show

Garret breathed a sigh of relief, and felt like a giant weight had just been lifted from his shoulders. He would have bet money that Rin was Agency but if Nate said it was all good, then he had to believe him. 

He nodded slowly. "Thanks. Been quiet here all day." Going back to the living room, he started to pick up all the papers he'd been going through. Now that Nate was home, his job of watching the house was over, and he'd gone through the Brookshire records about as much as he could. He'd tell Nate what he found later. For now...he'd probably just go back to the bedroom.

Laura put the lid on the pot and let the soup simmer before coming over to give Nate a warm hug and kiss. "Im glad everything is okay. He's been so worried all day."

She pulled back and searched his tired eyes. For being so successful, he looked awfully weary, and she wondered if they were still struggling to solve Jason's case. "Dinner will be in about fifteen minutes or so...hope you don't mind something simple."


"I don't want to make trouble here," Jason grumbled. "Besides, why do I need Reese's permission to leave anyway? I put in my day's work. How can he force me to stay?"

He stood up and adjusted his sling. "I don't care what Reese says. I'm not staying here for the night. I'm going home where I belong. I'm going to order out Chinese, and I'm going to sit on my own couch in my own living room and watch my own tv."

He grabbed his keys. "You can come with me or stay here. Up to you."


JT poured himself another class of water and pushed aside his empty plate. It had been their special spaghetti night, but...Gunner had never shown up.

He looked across the table at Bree and tried to give her a smile. "I'm sure he just got hung up at work." Surely that's why Gunner hadn't answered any calls or texts, right? JT tried not to think of the last time when Gunner had gone missing for three or four days.

"I think I'll put the rest of the food in the fridge... Whenever he gets here, he can warm some up, okay?"