November 2, 2016

Goody

There he went again about a father-in-law. Garret shook his head. Was this guy really innocent or was he just playing? He couldn't tell. "I don't know what your angle is, but I don't have a wife and kids, let alone a father-in-law." He leaned on the table again, glaring at Ron. "So you better come up with something better."

"Hey, time out." Kirk stepped closer to intervene. "Get him out of those cuffs."

"What are you doing?" Garret snapped.

"I'm letting him go! He's a detective with the police department. I don't know who you think he is, but I guarantee he's no enemy." Making sure Nate uncuffed him, Kirk moved closer to get a better look at Ron's head. "Garret's your missing person? That doesn't make any sense." He turned around to catch Reese's eye. "Can I please take him to Rick. This is a nasty gash." His gaze swung back around to Garret. "You do this?"

Garret's jaw set tightly. "He had it coming. He's working with the Agency, otherwise he never would have been looking for me. You let him go, it's as good as a death sentence for me and others!"

"He's not Agency! We'll get to the bottom of it, but-"

"You have no idea what you're dealing with!" Garret came around, closer to Kirk, but Reese stepped between them, also throwing Nate a warning glance. This was getting out of hand.

"Garret, I want you to take two steps back. Right now."

The last person Garret wanted to take orders from was Reese, but something told him it was the better decision. He backed up out of arm's reach of Kirk.

Reese looked to Nate once more. "Take this guy to the infirmary. Get him cleaned up, and we'll talk about this calmly."

That's all the prompting Kirk needed, and he took Ron's arm to help him up. "Come with me. You look terrible." Helping him to the infirmary, he aimed for the table so Ron could sit on it.

Rick looked up from his work and lifted an eyebrow. "Oh, goody. Someone hit their head. Now what?"

Kirk rolled his eyes. He was glad Nate was there, otherwise Rick might not help at all. "C'mon, Doc. Give us a break. This is Garret's doing."

"Why am I not surprised?" Rick stood and gathered a few items before coming over to Ron and shining a light in his eyes. "Nicely done... tell me what happened."

"He-"

Rick threw a glare at Kirk. "I'm not talking to you." He turned back to Ron. "Now, tell me how this happened. Are you dizzy? Nauseous?"