March 14, 2017

Thanks

Thirteen gave a small smile and nodded. She might be scared, and it might be hard but she was willing to give Garret a shot to see if the one person she had feared really had changed. Maybe it would bring hope that others could change too.

   "Mmm...I do, but my dad is the only one who called me by it. I liked being called Thirteen. That's who I am, that's who I have always been. My name sounds too strange to me."

Playing with a little notch on the table, Thirteen looked up as the little bell rang on the door and a customer entered. It wasn't anyone she had seen before so maybe just a passerby that stopped but she should help them before they left.

   "I better get back to work. I hope you enjoy the rest of your milkshake."

   "You kept the secret from me for goodness knows how long so you deserve the thanks too, and Alex will get is Monday at work."

Looking back at the car again and then Hunter hearing there comment Ryan felt a little knot in her stomach. She didn't know when she would be ready to drive, maybe tomorrow in the day time would be good, but for now maybe it could stay here.

   "I could never give up your bike rides completely."

Ryan smiled at Hunter before looking back at Eli again. She didn't want him to feel bad about this at all and she hoped he wouldn't.

   "Is it...ok if I leave it here tonight? I was going to go to Hunter's and...maybe tomorrow in the day time I can drive? I love it I just...am kind of nervous about driving again still."

As Clint came into the living room and rested his head in Wendy's lap she let out a sigh. She was happy he was home and safe and at the same time, she was upset he hadn't checked in at all throughout the day to know he was ok.

Laying her arm over his shoulder she was silent for a long moment. It was hard to find words, things had become so complicated. She hated it. 

   "Where were you all day? I was worried since you missed breakfast, lunch and dinner?"