January 8, 2017

Auto Shop

   "...But you are home, Carson."

Giving a gentle smile Misty offered him the tea and toast. He needed to at least get something warm in him, and some food to keep his strength up as well. She did need to go to work, but if she was a little late it wouldn't be a big deal. 

   "I do have to work, but I want to make sure you are ok and comfortable here first."

Misty's look was soft, different from how it was the last few months. She still had emotions, and her own demons to fight but she finally wasn't alone again, and Carson was back. All that was in her eye was love for him now, and concern for being sick. 

   "Stay here and rest, no work today. I'll call Aerith and let her know. She'll be able to handle things. If she needs anything I'll have her call me, and for lunch, I'll come and check on you. Ok?"

Seeing Hunter Ryan gave a smirk and waved. She wasn't sure if she would see Hunter this way or not but was happy she did. She was slightly nervous about going anywhere around here by herself yet. She didn't know any of what she was doing. The last thing she wanted to do was do something wrong.

   "Morning! Thanks for letting me sleep in."

Entering the dining hall and smelling all the wonderful smells Ryan could feel her stomach growl. It wasn't often she had breakfast. Sometimes she or Eli would cook it but most of the time it was oatmeal or cereal. One of them was always running late so it was about all the could find time for.

   "Man that smells good. I stick around here too long and I'm going to get fat."

Ryan gave a chuckle before stepping to the side as Dylan pushed through. Her small smile faded as she watched him. Then looking to Hunter her eyes held a small bit of worry. Dylan had seemed pretty nice. This morning though something wasn't right. He seemed completely different.

   "I hope it's not me."

She couldn't help but be a little self-conscious. It was another thing she suffered with now, always wondering if she was a bother, or if people new about her. At the same time, she hoped Dylan wasn't upset she was with Hunter. They seemed pretty close to him, and she didn't mean to be clingy. She just...did not know what to do yet alone.

   "Mmmm...I think I'll join you in the barn if that's ok. Not sure what to do by myself yet, and still unsure about what and where I can wonder. Don't really know anyone else to see if I can help with something and...I'm not sure sure what I can help with. Unless there is an auto shop around."

Sam couldn't help but stop her train of thought for a long second. In a roundabout way had Hal just given her a compliment about being worth it. She couldn't help the smile that spread across her face as it made her feel good.

Looking back down at her food and taking another bit Sam just thought for a long second. It made her feel good that Hal wanted her to make a list with him. She had been worried that it would be hard fitting in at the Elite, being FBI and coming in. But Hal was sure helping make her feel at home and she was thankful.

   "I'd love to help. Think they would let us put in our own fridge?"