January 21, 2017

Worry

Hunter snickered. "It's okay... I can think of worse things than being smooshed." He craned his neck around again, but still just saw grass. "She knows her way back well enough. At least we're not too far." 

His hands slid down to her shoulders to give them a little teasing squeeze. "So... you gonna stay here all day?" He wriggled back and forth a little to try and throw her off balance. "Or are we gonna get up and walk? I mean, I'm all for taking a nap but..."

His cheeks reddened just a little. "We might... you know... lose track of time..." His eyes locked with hers. "...and make someone worry."


"I'm pretty sure they've got mint chip." Hal grinned and nodded towards to entrance. "Come on."

Getting inside, it didn't take long to pick flavors and Hal insisted on paying for Sam's. Once they had their ice cream, he led the way back outside to one of the little tables.

Sitting across from her, he enjoyed a spoonful of his cold treat before looking over at her. "Thanks...for everything you did at the club. Most people don't understand me and just tell me to get over it and deal. I... appreciate you giving me an out."