January 31, 2017

Teaming Up

Reese's face tightened and almost paled at the suggestion of a leak. He trusted his team with his life. How could it be anyone from here? But he also trusted Kirk, and Kirk had chosen very few FBI agents to be here, so logically...it wouldn't be one of them. 

These questions were written all over his face. "I... think you're right." He nodded to Ron. As much as he didn't like it, they needed to narrow this down. "There are six cases here. Each with the same sniper activity. Four are connected directly to the Elite. Two are not. That's why I think your vigilante theory is right. I don't think it's necessarily anything personal but... we do handle some pretty bad guys here. And typically we don't transfer prisoners in armored cars so they're more vulnerable." Was that something that needed to change? He hoped not.

"You and Pete worked together before a little, right? How would you feel about teaming up with him? I gave this case to Nate, but he'll be out of town for a week and I don't want this to wait." He cringed a little. "I hate throwing you right in the middle of this as soon as you got here." 


"Good. I thought you'd say that." Clint set Chase down to play, then smiled at Wendy, slipping his arms around her waist and holding her close, rocking back and forth just a little. "I have to admit.... it's been kinda nice having someone helping me out in the shop. I know she's just here for a few days but... I guess maybe I didn't realize how much I missed someone actually there to help with all the messes." 

He sighed. Ever since Wes had left, then had come back with a change in focus, the whole thing had just felt off kilter. It just felt like he was sinking in the mud without any way to pull himself out. The only thing he really liked about this place anymore was his little family. And if he could move without it affecting them so severely...he would. 

Bending close, he gave Wendy a long kiss, just letting the moment linger before he pulled away. "I gotta get back out there... I'll be back in for supper though, and I'll make sure Ryan knows where to come." 


Travis grimaced a little, but nodded. "Yeah... maybe it wouldn't be too bad," he admitted. "At least now, it's... kinda obvious we wanna hang together." He lifted his head and gave her a silly grin. "Gonna let me call you my girlfriend in public?"