January 24, 2017

Don't Want To

Hunter smiled a little at Ryan calling him Lumpy again, but he didn't respond. He was already asleep. He was warm. Comfortable. Relaxed. And exhausted...

...A low rumble of thunder brought Hunter's mind into a state of awareness. His ears picked up the sound of rain pelting the roof, and there was a dampness in the air. He moved a little to burrow further under the blankets, only then remembering he wasn't alone. At some point during the night, he'd rolled on his side, and had Ryan tucked in front of him with his arm around her. 

Nestling in closer, he sighed and started to fall back to sleep again when he forced his eyes open. Wait. What time was it? He shifted his head to squint at the clock radio on the nightstand, then groaned. They'd missed morning chores. He must have forgotten to set his alarm. Another rumble of thunder rippled through the air. 

Tightening his grip around Ryan, he buried his face in her neck and locked his legs around hers. "We overslept," he mumbled. "It's raining. We should get up. I don't want to."


Garret sighed as he leaned back in his chair, and he shook his head. "I don't know. Technically I should probably go talk to Sam if I'm gonna follow the right chain of command around here." It felt silly, but he was trying hard to follow the rules. He got up from his chair. No time like the present. "I'll be back." He left the cubicle, then stopped and turned back around to look at Sapphire over the wall. "Thanks...for all your help." 

Turning again, he aimed for the hall, and the security room. 


Hal chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, I don't think any of us wanna be on Kirk's bad side." He was just about to take a sip of his pop when the door opened. Glancing up, he was just a little surprised - and a little put on edge - that it was Garret. 

Garret nodded his greeting, then addressed Sam. "Sorry to interrupt. I've been working with Sapphire and... we found evidence from the Agency that Aaron's days were numbered. Justin thought finding that proof might help Aaron realize going back would be a dead end. Literally. So... I guess I'm not sure how you wanna handle it. I'd tell him myself, but I've gotten in trouble one too many times for doing things my way."