January 21, 2017

Ten Minutes

Hunter gave Ryan a sidelong glance to accompany his smirk before he nudged her back. "You're just lucky... that Buttons came back and I spotted a good napping place."

He scooted down a little further and folded his arms across his chest. Crossing his ankles, he yawned and closed his eyes. "Actually... a nap doesn't sound half bad." Despite his enthusiasm, he wasn't used to the early mornings either. 

"Ten minutes," he mumbled drowsily. "Then we'll go back."


Hal laughed, his eyes regaining their twinkle as he nodded. "I think we should definitely add a darkroom to our wish list." A sudden thought made his eyes widen. "As long as Kirk and Adison don't use it..."

Still grinning, he took another bite, purposely eating slowly so it wouldn't end too soon. His face took on a more serious look again though. "You shouldn't feel bad, by the way. I could have said no to the club. This is just something I gotta deal with and... I just wasn't quite as good at hiding it tonight as I usually am." A little smile returned. "Or maybe you're just too observant for me to fool."