January 28, 2017

Pain

With Sam's help, Aaron got up off the ground, and used her to lean on as they made a faster route back inside than they had coming out. Hal followed close behind, keeping an eye out, but seeing nothing else. 

Once to the bedroom again, it wasn't until Aaron eased down to sit on the edge of the bed that his face paled. His adrenaline from the event had masked the pain in his knee. He must have landed on it when he'd hit the ground. 

He gritted his teeth and waved off Sam's thanks. "It was just reflexes." Leaving his feet on the floor, he laid back on the bed and put an arm over his eyes to half hide his cringe. Had he done more damage again or was it just going to hurt for a little while? "Any way I get get an extra pain killer? I... may have hurt my knee."

Outside and on the opposite side of the hall, Hal leaned back with his arms crossed, watching the scene. His facial expression was unhappy. Something didn't feel right about any of this.


Scott nibbled on some eggs and shook his head. "Not really..." He sighed. "Justin still won't release me to work so... Reese doesn't want me around the office much which leaves me with pretty close to nothing to do."

He shrugged before setting his fork down. He'd had a few bites at least. "I'll prolly just go home and sleep half the day... that's what I normally do," he admitted. "When I'm not at work I just... don't do much."