March 2, 2017

Riddle

Travis' eyes traveled to the table as he processed Angel's words. "I dunno," he admitted. "I mean... every time I get within five feet, I just feel this... this tension." He glanced up at her. "And yes, I think he's purposely getting in the way. Like me and Ashlee were alone in the tack room, he comes in, flops down, and it's super obvious he's taking pleasure in the fact that he spoiled our moment. Even suggests we go somewhere more private." He rolled his eyes. "He knew it was embarrassing. And even before that, after we got in trouble, I wanted to see Ashlee one night so I asked Dylan which window was her, and he purposely directed me to Stacy's instead. Thankfully she wasn't upset, but come on!"

Naturally gesturing with his hands as he spoke, coffee sloshed up out of his mug and splattered on the table. He smirked and grabbed a napkin to wipe it up. "I mean, what kind of guy does that if he's not interested in the same girl?" He looked back up at his aunt again. "But I was told they were just friends so... riddle me that."


As Ashlee left the barn, Dylan sighed. He was going to need caffeine very soon if he was going to make it through the morning, let alone the rest of the day. But at the moment... joining everyone else in the house just didn't appeal to him.

He wandered to the tack room where it was quiet, grabbed a couple horse blankets, then climbed up into the hay loft. Finding an almost-hidden niche between the hay bales, he used one blanket to lie on, and the other to cover up with. A kitten wandered over and he gave it some attention for a few minutes before his eyes grew too heavy to keep open any more. After setting his watch alarm for half an hour later, he finally let himself relax. Thirty minutes. That was all...


"Tuna melts sound amazing. Everything is amazing. You're amazing." Hunter grinned and kissed Ryan's nose before stepping back so she could go to the kitchen, though he followed close behind.

"Eli said he'd come tonight, by the way," he mentioned. "Just said he got hung up at work." He leaned back against the counter and folded his arms. Actually, he knew the truth. Eli had told him over the phone. He'd had to stay at work late because he'd been finishing up Ryan's car half the day, and was planning on giving it to her tonight after they got back home...but only if she handled the crowd okay and was feeling alright afterward.

"So... you gonna cheer me on from the sidelines, or you gonna ride with me tonight?"


Leaning in closer to the screen, Jamison's face gained a smile. "She passed." Retreating, he gave Dalton a nod. "I knew she could. She was having trouble remembering the material, but she's smart - real smart. I didn't help her as much as she gave me credit for." 

Sitting back in his chair, a grin remained. "Well, I guess if I don't see her again, at least I know she survived her test." He gave Dalton a sidelong glance. "Thanks for helping satisfy my curiosity."