March 1, 2017

Honey

Jamison couldn't help his laugh. "I hadn't even thought of that. Man... I coulda really caused trouble if I knew this stuff when I was still in school." He took a bite of jerky and shook his head. "Naw, I was just..."

What was he really doing? He gave Dalton a sheepish look. "Just prying, actually, and I could probably get in a whole heap of trouble for even suggesting such a thing." He rolled his eyes. What had he been thinking? This was stalking. 

"I met someone who needed help with an upcoming test," he admitted. "We might not cross paths again so I was actually wondering how I could find out how they did." He rolled his eyes. "Stupid, I know. This stuff shouldn't be fooled with. My curiosity was just getting the best of me." 


"Honey, I'm home!" Hunter poked his head in the apartment door, knowing good and well that Ryan wasn't expecting him. Coming in all the way, he greeted Zidan. Spotting Ryan in the living room, he grinned. "Eli texted me. He got hung up at work and said I could come pick you up." He spread open his arms. "So here I am." 


"Sounds good." Already, Hal was thinking of which poles to take fishing, and which spot on the lake they should go to. He had a couple favorite spots, depending on whether or not other people were there, too. 

Conversation was kept at a minimum, but at least the atmosphere wasn't as tense, and the rest of lunch was pleasant. Getting back to the Elite office, Hal stopped Sam before they went into the building. "Hey, um..." He glanced down and fiddled with his keys. "Thanks. For... not making me feel any more stupid. I honestly don't know what my problem's been lately and... I appreciate you being so understanding." He nodded and finally looked up at her. "I'm glad you're here."


Travis quirked an eyebrow, but nodded at Ashlee. "Of course. I need to see if the guys need any help, too." He leaned down to give her a quick kiss on the cheek before giving her a new smile. "See you in a few minutes then."

Still nearby and returning to the stack of hay for some more, Dylan was just a bit surprised Ashlee didn't just leave. She wouldn't have been shirking her duties or anything, and he knew she probably wanted to be with Travis every moment she could, like usual. He picked a stray strand of baling twine out of one of the bales and tossed it at her teasingly. "Just one more aisle of stalls and we'll be done."