January 10, 2017

If I could

Taking another sip of her pop Ryan thought for a long moment just listening to Clint. It was interesting to hear how a place like this run, and it also seemed a little sad to hearing about how they didn't get quite as much business as they use too. She never much thought about what would happen back home if people just stopped going to it because it was so close someone was always bound to come in, and then tell a friend of a friend about them and so on. But for a place like this, she could see how that could really hurt. 

   "Maybe you could talk to someone about getting help? Maybe no one knows you are struggling so much."

Looking down quickly Ryan knew she was speaking maybe too much to someone she hardly knew telling him what to do. She didn't mean to be rude just helpful. 

Setting her can down and wondering over to the tracker Ryan looked at it for a very long moment just walking around it, eyeing the beast. She'd never worked on a tractor before and couldn't help but be just a little bit excited to try. Looking around it at Clint she smiled, and her eyes twinkled just a little.

   "Mechanic work is fun to me, it's relaxing. Like I said before it's literally in my blood. My dad use to own a shop, my brother all worked in it, and my playpen uses to be in the shop with them while they worked. I never had rattles and dolls. I had wrenches and toy cars, loud music and the sound of an air compressor to put me to sleep."

Ryan couldn't help but hold her smile as she kept thinking about the earlier memories with her family. She missed those times, but it was nice to remember still. As another thought came her to though her smile faded slightly. 

    "It just takes me a lot to get my mind working the way it needs to be these last few weeks. Hoping the fog will clear soon."

Running her fingers over the tractor again for a second she finally laughed.

   "I never worked on a tractor before...I'm excited to try, though."

Just sitting on the couch with Carson Misty didn't mind he dozed on and off and he used her as a pillow. It was rather comfortable and she was content just reading her book while the tv droned in the background.

When Carson took her hand though Misty put her book down and looked at him giving a small smile. Hearing his words she looked away for a second thinking before looking down at him again and giving a small shake of her head.

   "No, I don't anymore."

Silent again for a second Misty just searches his face for a long moment.

   "I was hurt, I was angry, and then I had more hurt piled on, and more piled on. That I didn't know how to deal with my depression and I still dont so I took it out on you when it was not your fault. Even if you had been here that doesn't mean things would be any different. I'm sorry for doing that to you. If I could take back my words I would."