December 2, 2016

One Up


Thinking about Justin’s words Ryan picked at the table. She had tried to say that moving on was ok but it was so hard times times. Letting go was never easy, when her father had died it was just as hard. Not to the point of seeing him but forgetting parts of him had been rough.
“But he died thinking I hated him. I said horrible things to him and...”
Ryan’s words trailed off for a long second. She wished thing were different, oh how she wished she has said different stuff to him.
“...and I just don’t know if I can.” 

Listing to Aaron’s story intently Sam couldn’t help but feel bad for him. She couldn’t imagen someone doing that to their child. It gave her a new idea and reason why Aaron had joined in with the Agency and it made her sad.
“Well out of something so rough at least you know how to cook now. Makes sense why you don’t like TV dinners. You got one step up on me, you can cook, I cant.” 

Sitting across from Travis Ashlee popped a grape in her mouth and smiled. The weather today had been amazing and she was happy they had picked eating in this area. Having Travis there too was good conversation.
“Nope, she didn’t. I told her I was going on a picnic with you and she just told me to be carful.”
Picking up she sandwich square and taking a bit Ashlee chewed just looking across the field. She’d never noticed how nice it really was in this area before now. She was happy they picked it. Turning back to Travis again for a long second she searched his face. There was still so much about him she didn’t know.
“So Travis, I know a little bit about you but I don’t know much...like your middle name, favorite color, or some of the other things you like to do.”