December 25, 2016

Seth

Nate thought for a long moment. Just letting his mind wonder he could feel another tear escape his eye. Sucking in a breath he finally talked his breath shaky.

   "When I was younger and Maggie was only a tot I had a friend his name was Seth. His family was horrible to him. I new him in school and he was my best friend. So he spent most time at our house. Holidays, nights, weekend my family unofficially adopted him."

Nate fell quiet again just rubbing Laura's back lightly. His own memories made him smile, but made him very sad too. He'd never talked to anyone about this before. Maggie had been to young to remember him but how she loved Seth. He was one of the few people to make her smile so big.

   "Than one day he was accused of doing something pretty bad. My parents said he couldn't stay with us anymore and I couldn't be his friend anymore. I tried to see him when I could but it was hard and time slipped away. The last people he had were gone."

Feeling a few more years roll down his cheek he couldn't stop now. He'd already told part of the story.

   "Few weeks later Seth was found dead under a bridge. Froze to death, killed himself no one knows, but he died alone. Few weeks after that his name was cleared and he hadn't done what they said. He was a good kid that just got a crappy hand in life."

Closing his eyes for a second Nate tried to pull himself together. He'd be OK, he had to be for his family.

   "I'll be ok. Just...This whole thing just hits a little close to home"

Watching Aaron struggle Sam got up quickly and went over to him. Slinging his one arm over her shoulder. Slowly making there way to the infermary.
The
Once getting there and getting Aaron back into bed Sam looked at the cuffs and than at Aaron.

   "Really no point in putting these back on you since you might just slip out of then again. Try you beat to stay out of trouble and I'll see you in the morning."